0 votes
Hi all,

I've run into a tricky situation. One of the processes in the production system that I have modeled is called Waste Composition Ratio for Different Countries, and since this ratio varies from country to country from year to year, I actually have hundreds of sets of selected values for this process. I now have to enter and repeat the calculations over and over again in order to get the results of these selections for different countries and years, which is very time consuming. I would like to know if it is possible to link openLCA software using python to do these repeated calculations for me and export the result file.

Or I have another way of solving the problem: set the waste composition ratio of these different countries as unknown variables, so that they are reflected in the calculation results, which will enable me to get a function that reflects the relationship between the results and the selected values of the waste composition, which will be convenient for me to do the subsequent calculations. But again, I don't know how to implement this scenario, so I'm hoping someone will come along and show me the ropes.
in openLCA by (120 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (2.7k points)

Hello Qilin Cao,

One option is to use the Python module of openLCA (Tools -> Developer Tools -> Python). It directly uses the openLCA Java API with Jython. I have made an example some time ago.

Another option is to use the IPC API (see manual). This API offers a lot more possibilities and freedom.

If you have more questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

Regards,

François

ask.openLCA is a question-and-answer (Q&A) website on Life Cycle Assessment (LCA).

It is also the public support platform for openLCA, openLCA Nexus, data.openLCA and the LCA Collaboration Server.

Before asking questions please also consult our online manuals for openLCA and the LCA Collaboration Server.

Receive guaranteed and prioritised professional support via GreenDelta's help desk.

ask.openLCA is run by GreenDelta, the creators of openLCA.

openLCA

LCA Collaboration Server